Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Couch Potato


My most favorite place to be is on that couch! Whether it is taking a nap or watching something on the television, I LOVE "getting on the couch". You can imagine my surprise when I got the idea for running a 5K. I am not sure where it came from but I found the directions for the Couch Potato to 5K on the Internet and Garrett and I decided it would be a start to getting ourselves in shape. It takes a couch potato (ME!!) and starts them on a journey to run a 5K. I got really excited and for my birthday asked for running shoes and workout clothes. So we had all of the gear and started on our journey on Wednesday (9/3/08). The 1st week is suppose to be easy, a 5 minute brisk walk then alternating 60 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking for a total of 20 minutes. Well, we could say that I am totally out of shape. I was in pain. Friday came and about 15 minutes into our walking/running I thought I might die. I made it but it was really bad. Then Monday comes around, I did not even try to run, Chief and I walked the entire time while Garrett & Luke went ahead of us. It is going to take me much longer than the plan has figured out, but I plan to keep trying and maybe if I can shed a few pounds the running thing will get easier.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girlfriend, I am right there with you. I am doing the FIRM series and I love it, but when I'm climbing up and down on the Firm Fanny Lifter, I feel like the heaviest person on the planet.

Let us know when you do your 5K! You know, my mom ran a 5K!