Friday, May 9, 2008

No Furniture!!!!!!

I went for the diagnostic hysteroscopy yesterday. The procedure was more intense than I had thought it was going to be. I originally thought that it would be done in the exam room, BUT NO it was actually in the OR. It is the same room that I was in for the HSG, egg retrieval and embryo transfer last time. I had to put the sterile head cover and feet covers on. Dr. Jaffe came in and was trying to convince me how awesome it is that we were going to be able to look at my uterus. The more I think about it now I realize the "awesomeness" of this whole procedure. There was some pain that Dr. Jaffe called "pressure", it felt like a bunch of needles being stuck into me. The pain was worth it. The scope had a camera on the end of it and there was a TV for me and also for Garrett (who was in the waiting room) to see what was going on. I saw the inside of my uterus. AWESOME!! But even better than that was that we did not see anything inside my uterus, or as Dr. Jaffe put it "NO FURNITURE"!!!! Yeah!!!! She said it was an empty room waiting for someone to occupy it. They also did a biopsy to check for some kind of endometrial something ( I can't remember the term she used-but something they could treat with antibiotics). We will have to wait a couple of days for that result and then we should be able to move on. WOO!!!HOO!!!! NO FURNITURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: